Do you keep all of your child's toys?

MY DD is 4 & she has tons of toys & I can't seem to get rid of them. I have storage boxes full of them. I don't think we are having more children but I am not certain. Does anyone else keep them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I've donated many toys off.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:54 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• No, I figure if we have more kids, we will just buy more. I do have a friend that has storage boxes of kids clothes, she just cant let them go.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 3:55 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• You HAVE to weed some out or eventually you will be over run! You cant save all of them. I'd suggest saving a few of each age group & donating the rest.
    Anonymous

• I haven't thrown away a toy yet. My baby is almost 3, I have 4 kids, and yes, we still have every single toy (unless they broke of course).
    Anonymous

• Nope we clean out every year before Christmas time. But of course if it is broken it goes right away.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Every few months we go through my son's. He is almost 3. We only keep a few of essential ones - lincoln logs, building blocks, potato head... We get rid of things he doesn't play with. Otherwise - we would be OVER RUN with toys!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 4:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• nope.. off to the yard sale they go.. OR i like to take them to the daycare, they clean them up and put them in diff rooms..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 4:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• If I weren't having any more kids I would save the few toys that hold "special" memories for me and donate/sell the rest. That's what I did when my 3 older ones were growing up and I thought i was done - then I divorced, remarried and had one baby and am due with the 2nd (and last!!)

Answer by missanc at 4:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I donate them once he stops playing with them. I do not need to keep any toys, unless it's a stuffed animal. I do keep those.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2010