Would you put your dd on the pill? (15-16 yrs. old)

It is soo hard to do this but then again you don't want to become a grandparent that young either...What experience did you have? Thank You!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• It'd be stupid and irresponsible NOT to.
    Anonymous

• I would hate to put someone so young on hormones but if you think you can't trust her to use condoms then DEFINITELY.
    Anonymous

• I will never put my DD on the pill. I will hope that everything she has been taught about self respect, self preservation and abstinence will guide her into AT LEAST using the protection she knows is available if she chooses to go against everything she has been taught. We have a very open dialog about sex and she knows my opinions as well as the consequences of sex including pregnancy, STD's and the emotional aspects as well. My daughter does not need the pill she is educated enough to make wise choices. Should she become PG she knows that I will not raise the baby. I will support her and only her until she is 18 or out of college. I will not buy diapers or formula or be her all hours baby sitter. She will be a grown up who made a grown up choice. I will help her apply for whatever she needs to succeed as a mother but I will not be the mother. She knows this.
    Anonymous

• I put my 16 year old on the pill about a year ago. She is doing really well with it. JMO, you can teach them all the right things and tell them you won't help them if the worst happens but that doesn't mean that you just throw them out there to use their judgement. They are kids. Kids have no good judgement. I think of it as protecting her, just like when you make them get their shots and wear helmets when riding a bike or a seat belt in a car. You wear a seat belt in a car because of what might happen not because you are not a safe driver and know all the right things to do.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I am a new mother. Married, but young. Only 22.

I went to a free clinic @ 16 for the pill. I had horrible parents who never paid attention to who or what I was doing, but I KNEW what I needed to do to protect myself. Some parents go over the facts and ways to be safe 101x and their children still have unplanned pregnancys bc they never helped TAKE action. I honestly dont think regardless of how GREAT your relationship is with your child. You daughter will NEVER come and ASK to be put on the pill. :) I would just tell her "We're going." Now if for some reason your daughter is against it.. She wont take the pill, but youll know that you did EVERYTHING you could.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• If my DD wants to have sex she can buy condoms. We have talked and she knows how they work what they do and what they prevent She knows at 17 she can request the pill's prescription from her GYN. I will not allow her to have sex. If she wants to do that she will have to figure it out herself.
    Anonymous

• Yes I would.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• CONDOMS PEOPLE!!! BIRTH CONTROL PILLS NOT PROTECT FROM GETTING AIDS!!!!
    Anonymous

• I agree with cindy18, I have a 16 yo dd and we have an open and honest relationship and I have told her I would take her . She is not ready and there isn't a need, yet, but I would hope that all the talking and crying and everything else we have been through would let her know I am the one person she needs to come to. Would it make me happy, not at all, BUT, she has too much life ahead of her to not be safe now. And if I wanted another baby I would have had one.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 6:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• i would not get her the pill. i don't recommend it for anyone. true what anon 5:40 said...the pill will not protect her from std's, and that is where your fear should be.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2010