are my feelings unjust? dh's goes out to lunch for free almost everyday for about 2 hours with his uncles while the kids and i (pregnant as well) are stuck at home with little to no food. Am i wrong for being pissed off that he gets to go out to lunch all the time for 1.5-2 hrs a day, while the kids and i starve (literally eating chese 'n crackers everyday) not to mention we hardly see him?

My hubby doesnt even think to take me out to lunch because we dont have money for those types of things. he works constantly to dig us out of a hole we're in right now. we're so broke we're living with my parents and can't even afford food. his work is starting to come through and soon he will be able to support us again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• You need to divorce and He needs to move in with his uncles so that you can apply for assistance. OR you can sign custody of your children over to your parents so they can apply for assistance. If they are over 55 then they can get additional assistance for being guardians to children under then age of 5. OR you can try starting a from home business of your own such as running errands for people, pet sitting or house work. OR you can contact your local churches to gain information on food banks in your area. Every major city has one. OR you can look into Angel food. It's $60 a box and you could split the cost with your parents. Look into your options!!! Yes Dh is acting like a butt head by not at least only eating a portion and then bringing the rest home for you and the kids to split. BUT you are not helpless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Will him not eating make you happy as a form of solidarity?
    If you guys are starving and you have kids and pregnant maybe it's time you go on birth control after you give birth until you can feed the kids you have.
    Anonymous

• Why does the Uncle not take all of you once a week? Why is your mom not helping with the food? Have you not applied for WIC? What about local food banks? Don't whine. DO! I mean yes it's a little annoying but there's nothing you can do about it. Like you would say no to daily lunch if it was offered to you. YOu can be irritated but you can't blame him for taking what is offered.
    Anonymous

• Yes it is unjust!! He should be bringing that food that he orders home to you and his kids!!! How can he eat knowing that his wife and kids might be going hungry. What kind of a father is he?
    peace1234

Answer by peace1234 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Anonymous at 3;27 WHY ARE YOU BEING A WITCH!!!

I would leave him he is being selfish and doesn't care about no one but himself acting like he is single and fatherless. Man I would leave his ass and file for divorce and have him pay lots of child support that'll teach him. He'll think he has it made now wait till he has to pay you...lol
    Anonymous

• Wow, I dunno. It is very unfair. I don't know why he doesn't ask if you and the kids can come along... I guess at the same time I understand him not turning it down but that doesn't make it right or fair. What does DH say about all of this? Can he not see your side? I just don't understand.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:38 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• How are you living with parents and you are hungry? With that many in a house hold you definately qualify for some sort of aid. GO and get on assistance don't let your family starve for whatever reason you may have. Go to the food banks, go to your local churches who also have food banks. It is ok to be uspet but do not sit back and get down. Use your resources, they are there for a reason.
    Anonymous

• I know if it were my DH, he would be asking his uncle to help make sure you all had food. Neither one of us could eat if the other was home hungry with children who need to eat as well. Tell your DH that you want on some sort of food stamps or WIC or something. How can your parents not help feed you and the children as well?
    Anonymous

• Who is blasy enough to post this?
    If your living At home with your parents WTF are you doing getting knocked up again. If you cant affortd to feed the kids you have.....

& Be grateful your hubby gets free lunch, its one less person you cant afford to feed.
    Anonymous

• this is op- and i feel like i should explain some things. hubby is self employed and until a few months ago he was making quite a bit of money 120 k last year 100k the year before. but his work hit the shitter along with the economy. i got preggo when we still had money and work prospects. but now our savings are gone and he's trying to dig us out of the hole we're in by working more hours (16). we moved in with my parents a little bit ago so he could do long term projects to bring money in in a more stable way. this is taking all of his time so he can't work a 9-5 job. i am on WIC, but it only does so much. my parents are going broke as well since their business is suffering...so theyre low on cash for food too. i can't get on welfare because he can't prove his income (bankstatements arent enough) and they want his paperwork for taxes in 08.. but that would show that he made 100k .. which wouldnt let us qualify.
    Anonymous