What do you do to prepare yourself for an employment interview?

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 4:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• Study the potential employers website and study potential interview Q's and A's.
    Anonymous

• I read about what services the company provides and relate that to what I can bring to the table.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• be sure to know what position you are applying for, know what it entails. Know some background on the company and KNOW the person's name that will be interviewing you. Look up some common interview questions. Anything that could be explained have an answer and a for example. do not just give simple yes or no on those. (example what is you biggest weakness. you would say that itis _____. And I have learned to deal with that by____. or Have you made mistakes in your past jobs. ANSWER: Yes, at some point we all make a mistake the key is to learn from those mistakes and not to do those again. For example I had a hard time saying no and took on too many projects, this resulted in jobs half done or done with out 110% put into them. I have learned to only take on what I can put all my effort into and have pride in the finished results.) Always look into the person's eyes, shake their hand. Use propper grammer and not slang. Dress!
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Research the company
    See if anyone in your Linkedin network, or other networks, have contacts there
    Be prepared with great questions and great answers
    Wear a suit; light makeup; no perfume or other scents; make sure that your nails are clean and trimmed.
    As soon as you get home, get a hand written thank you note in the mail to everyone you interviewed with.

I do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep. Feel free to contact me directly.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:52 AM on Jan. 19, 2010