How do I increase my nonexistent sex drive?

I am currently on an anxiety medication that has significantly lowered my sex drive to nothing. I was wondering if theres anything over the counter I can maybe take that will help it??

brandidy56

Asked by brandidy56 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Health

• You could try to fix your anxiety so you don't have to take meds. Talk therapy or alternative therapies may work. Sometimes brief therapy with as few as 3 visits can be very helpful. I find meditation helps a lot.

There are lots of books out about anxiety and info online.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Try cuddling with your partner. Even if you're not really in the mood, there are two things that will increase your interest in it: touching someone for fun (not to care for them) and being close to the pheremones of a man. Don't wait across the room to 'feel like it'... if you consider it a pleasant way to spend time, don't wait to be in the mood to engage.

I'm often surprised at the number of people who have to feel 'in the mood' to get some lovin', but who'll never put off having someone else do their dishes for them. I'd rather have dirty dishes if there is a choice of what I'm going to get...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Most herbal or all natural libido boosters can increase your fertility. I'm guessing birth control failure would not help the situation.

Have to agree with Gail on this. What can you do to fix your anxiety? Diet? Exercise? Joining a group or club that gets your mind off things?
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• There is a great book by Claire Weeks called No More Panic; get it and read it.

How is your therapy going? Perhaps you can ask your therapist if you can start decreasing your medication.

For me, there is nothing sexier than seeing my man clean the bathroom

Answer by rkoloms at 8:48 AM on Jan. 19, 2010