Could it be more..

My son is 17 months old and for the past 4-6 months has been getting sick A LOT more often then before..He has been sick for almost th last 3 months with maybe a weeks break inbetween.. We are having him tested for asthma and allergies and he's also going to see a ENT doctor to see about tubes being put in his ears but I've never known a child to be sick this often and close together. Could there be something deeper we arent checking or thinking about? Or am I over reacting?
I just want someother mommas opinion

TristansMommy16

Asked by TristansMommy16 at 5:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What kind of sickness? Like a cold?
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 5:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Did he recently start going to daycare? I know when we put our oldest in daycare he was sick for the first 6months. It was all of the germs that all the other kids brought in.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Normally starts out with a runny nose and cough and diarreha and vomiting and then ends up having an ear infection on top of it all
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• No I'm a stay at home mom he gets out but no daycare
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• That does not sound normal for your situation. Maybe you should have a talk with the doctor about it.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 5:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• We've had him there almost once a week for the last 3 months and they dont seem to be worried they just sent out referrals for the other doctors. I know I worry about a lot of silly stuff but this doesnt seem right and the fact that a less then a week ago we finished yet another antibotic and we are sick again already just doesnt seem right
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• the antibiotics may actually be preventing your baby from getting better. first, the runny nose...let it run, do not treat it with a cold medicine or anything like that. the nose runs to get virus or bacteria or dead cells out of the body. same thing with diarreha and vomiting, this is the body getting rid of something that is not supposed to be there (could even be medication if getting any) they say earaches are supposed to be given antibiotics sparingly, as they over medicated these in the past....
    do you think he is teething? teething can cause all of this, even if he did not experience this with other teeth.
    any dairy or gluten changes in his diet lately?
    Good Luck to you and your lo! personally, i would nt medicate, and see what happens.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• This is very common with food sensitivities, like dairy or wheat.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:46 AM on Jan. 19, 2010