Why isn't my son sleeping through the night?

my son is eight months and he has been sleeping through the night since he was about 3-4 months, until this past week.

He has been waking up two-three times a night. He doesn't have to be fed, (I am FF though, in case anyone was wondering)it just seems like he wants to be in our bed. We'll take him out of his bed, rock him until he falls back asleep, and then TRY to put him back into his crib, but the second you put him down; he starts crying and wakes up, we try to let him cry himself back to sleep, but it doesn't work. He'll fall asleep the second we put him in our bed.

It doesn't help that I have trouble sleeping, and if I have to wake up then it'll take me 1-2 hours to fall back asleep. Needless to say, I haven't slept much this past week. I wouldn't have a problem with him sleeping in our bed, but I do only because he kicks me the WHOLE time he's sleeping and I am forced to be up against the wall.

ammbbbeeeerrrrr

Asked by ammbbbeeeerrrrr at 5:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's normal at that age to do what he is doing due to milestones being reached, teething, and separation anxiety because he has a new level of awareness, Have you considered sidecarring the crib to the bed so you have more room? That's how we have our room set up when the baby gets bigger and we will need more space. Right now its a great laptop endtable. hah!   http://www.freewebs.com/sidecarcrib/

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• CONTINUED: is there anything I can do so he will sleeep in his bed?
    ammbbbeeeerrrrr

Answer by ammbbbeeeerrrrr at 5:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I checked out the website. That's pretty neat. I'll talk to DF about it and see what he says. I'll def. let you know if we use it.
    ammbbbeeeerrrrr

Answer by ammbbbeeeerrrrr at 6:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• He's not sleeping because he's normal. **smile** They change sleep patterns often.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2010