Does your SO/DH ever call you fat? Are you okay with it? How does it make you feel?

My So is always calling me fat and other names, and he thinks it is funny. it really But it really hurts my feelings...I try to laugh it off...And i have told him it hurts my feeling but he laughs and acts like I am joking about it...What would u do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• My ex did used to call me fat all the time but that is why he is now my ex.
    Anonymous

• My husband has never said that to me. If knows what's good for him, he will stop that nonesense. Any man with a brain knows that is the worst thing you can say to a woman. You need to really act upset about it if you are and make your feelings clear and known.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I would make some comments about his body parts that would hurt his feelings. Not the most mature thing to do but maybe it will get through to him that way.

Your SO/DH shouldn't be doing stuff that intentionally hurts your feelings and once you tell him that it does he should stop.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Start pointing out all his faults and then remind him that if he loved me he would care that he is hurting my feelings. Take me for who I am, good, bad or ugly.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 5:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• That is called emotional abuse just so you know
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 5:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Yes and then I divorced him. Why do you stay? Everyone deserves to be around people who love and appreciate them.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Tell him he's got a small penis and see how he likes that! You can lose weight but he cant gain inches or girth! lol
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 6:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• One time he said I should accept that my family line has short, fat and dumpy women. I told him that was better than his line being full of men who are stupid and put their foot in their mouth. I've learned not to get upset over stupid stuff he says. He sometimes does it to get a reaction. I'm too old to fight over silly stuff.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• No he does not call me fat. He better not either. Because I will start on his flaws.

When he does that, do it back to him. Or leave his mean ass.

Answer by louise2 at 7:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• That's emotional abuse. You DO NOT have to take that crap! If my man said that ONE TIME to me he would never have the priviledge of kissing my fat ass again!
    Anonymous