question about my son's black toe nail.

i posted a question a few days ago about how the dvd player fell on my son's foot. someone told me i should have taken him to the doctor right away to get the blood drained out of the nail. is it too late to do that? this happened 4 days ago.. and it seems like it's getting worse. well not for him really.. but it LOOKS worse. stupid me didn't take him to the doctor right away because i was told they can't do anything about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Is he in pain? Usually the nail will fall off. A new nail will grow in its place. Make sure the toe is not broken. Can he wiggle the toe? Is the toe swollen? If he is pain, I would call the doctor and have him check it out. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• My hubby gets black toe nails all the time it seems they look worse then they are. It only really hurts him if there is a blister under it. He just waits till they fall off. He thinks it is so cool, gross.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• the nail will probably fall off, and it will look worse before it looks better. don't fret over not having gone to the dr.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2010