What is wrong? Toddler-tummy aches

My 2 1/2 year old is complaining that her stomach hurts and that she has to poop, but she already pooped a normal amount this morning and then went a small amount, 4 other times! She has no other symptoms and her poop looks relatively normal.(Not diarrhea, no blood, not too hard, etc.) It could be gas, but she isn't passing gas and runs to the toilet when she's complaining that her tummy hurts! She says it feels like she has to go. I just have no idea! Does anyone have any ideas?

BritlovesAva

Asked by BritlovesAva at 5:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'd call the doctor! I know not the answer you were looking for, but whatever it is it doesn't sound normal!
    Anonymous

• i would take her to the doctor tomorrow. i wouldn't freak out or anything, but she may have just ate something that is messing with her system. there are days that my daughter goes different amounts than others. either way, the doctor should be able to give you more information and give you some reassurance.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Thank you. I was just trying to figure it out on my own before I called the doc. Tough times, you know...I will call tomorrow if it is still bad, but she seems to be better tonight. Thanks, Ladies.
    BritlovesAva

Answer by BritlovesAva at 11:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2010