Need advice, info please~~PIOG

Does anyone know how or where to get health insurance on a child with a pre-existing condition like asthma in the state of Missouri? We don't qualify for Medicaide anymore. Please help! My baby is on almost 500 dollars a month in meds. We have to have insurance on him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• I don't know, I would ask medicaid. But if you are not getting insurance through work, I think you really have few options. Try Blue Cross Blue Shield. Or some of the those insurances that advertise on TV. GL

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 5:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Try CHIP. It's a government insurance for children that you can pay for if you make too much to have medicaid. Pre-existing conditions are not an issue. I also found this website: http://www.pre-existing-health-insurance.com/?source=google

hope this helps.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Both of my children have Autism, and it is considered a pre-existing condition. If you have a job that offers health benefits for you and your family, you will have automatic coverage for your child. Neither my husband or I have ever had to "disclose" ANY health history for health insurance plans offered by our respective employers, and they have always covered things like speech therapy and other related therapies or specialist doctor's appointments.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2010