I have a drama quine...

She's 6. Every time she asks to do sth and I say no she starts winning all over! She is such a pain when she does that. And she does it all the time even though she knows it never works. I say no and she goes "oh but mommy please, I need to do this, please, I need to" in an irritating winny voice...

How do I get her to stop it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Ignore her. Tell her once you will not talk to her when she is whining. Period. Then stick to your guns. My 6 yr old granddaughter does the exact same thing. I move to a different room or if need be I tell her go whine in her room because nobody wants to hear it. She still does it, but the duration is getting shorter.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• anon- if you pronounce it in a very deep southern accent it is "queen"

just ignore her, thats what I do when my kids whine. i'll ask my dd (almost 9) if she wants some cheese with that whine.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• that would still have read qwuine... still not a word... not just a typo... there's still also no W in QUEEN so your logic of the Q & W are side by side makes absolutely no sense.
    Anonymous

• Tell her you can only hear her when she speaks in a normal non-whiney voice, and then ignore her when she starts it. You can also send her to her room and tell her she can come out when she is ready to be sweet. If she comes out and starts whining again send her back and tell her to be sure she is done whining before she comes back out. Repeat as many times as it takes for her to get the message that whining won't get her anywhere. GL!
    Anonymous

• I agree, firmly say no and send her to her room if she does not stop. Stay consistent and don't give in.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 10:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2010