Scheduled C-Section in 2 weeks.....

What are some things I should take care of now. Things I should definately take with me for myself, baby, and to keep me comfortable. Things to do before hand for when I come home, etc.

p.s. please dont comment on me having a c-section. it is medically needed. there is no other option. i can not have "natural" childbirth. as my dr says God didn't make my plumbing for giving birth.

luvbnmomnwife

Asked by luvbnmomnwife at 6:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• pillow
    blanket
    shampoo
    soap
    book
    a game to play
    Things that will make you comfortable
    But i promise you'll prob be sleeping most of the time :)

Things to get you prepared, Shave really low (if you don't shave already). The doctor will have to any way for the incision and it just makes it easier if you have already shaved. Take things that will make you comfortable in the hospital. I was so tired all the time and so happy that my son was there that it wasn't a big deal to me :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Make sure your fridge and pantry are well stocked with easy things to prepare (make meals now and freeze them if you have the time and energy). Also make sure you have your basics covered for several weeks so you don't have to make any emergency trips to the store for toilet paper or soap.

For the hospital be sure someone brings a camera or video camera. Take a notebook and pen so you can write down things you don't want to forget (some people take their baby book to start filling it in). Bring necessary toiletries. Bring clothes for the baby to wear home, and clothes for you to wear home (my doctor said to bring whatever felt comfortable at 6 months pregnant, and that worked out pretty well).
    Anonymous

• Take some magazines or good books to read. I had a csection and was there for several days and since my son slept most of the time I had very little to keep me entertained.
    Make some casseroles to put in the freezer so you'll have some ready made meals when you come home - it will make the first week or so much easier on you. Also, make sure you do as much deep cleaning before your scheduled date as possible so you have less to do when you get home with a new baby and may be moving slowly.

Answer by missanc at 6:17 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I would do some deep-cleaning right before I went in for the c-section. Simple things like changing sheets on a bed or cleaning the bathtub are very painful to do right after a c-section. Make a bag of things you'll need with baby at home, diapers, wipes, burp cloths, etc. and keep it by the couch. That way your not getting up and down. If you really stay put the first week your home you'll feel 100% better the second week.
    ps. don't forget pain killers mask the pain....if you do too much when the meds wear off you'll totally regret it!
    good luck!
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I haven't had a c-section, but I did have a uterine surgery.

If your bed is high, lower it. Using your stomach muscles can suck. Have some pillows handy for repositioning yourself in bed.

Schedule a cleaning lady to come in a few days after you return home. It's really worth the money. Especially if she does laundry. Have her do a walk through with you before you go so you can tell her everything.

Make lists for everyone. Check lists for DH can help him get stuff done. That way no one can forget. Any family or older children who are coming to be part of your little miracle could use a check list too. I hate being asked "What can I do for you" over and over. Just follow the list.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• C- Sections shouldn't be frowned on some are not planned but some are.... i had 2 and the one thing you want to have prepared for when you come home is for someone to be with you to help you out for the two weeks cause there is no lifting or driving
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Yes get all the help you need, take it easy, your scar CAN and WILL open up if you strain too much!!! Follow ALL of the docs orders.

Goodluck with everything!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:43 AM on Jan. 20, 2010