Do you think it would be healthy for me? I really don't see what the big deal is.

I want to do this weight loss contest at my work but they don't think I should because I am 4'11" and weigh 112 lbs. I am chubby but hide it under sweaters so people think I am skinny. I checked my BMI and it said that I am at normal weight and can lose up to 10 more lbs. I figured I would lose 4 lbs a month. The contest is for 3 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• NO dont go to the bottom of your BMI, just be happy and HEALTHY as you are now!
    I honestly dont see the fad in wanting to be a tooth pick it is so nasty
    Anonymous

• if it's a contest to who loses the most and you only need to lose 10 lbs, I really don't see you winning... so why enter? Just lose weight on your own if you want.

Maybe tone up, but I don't think you should "lose weight" in the way most people think of losing weight.

Try some pilates and yoga.
    Anonymous

• YOu are obviously not "chubby" as you describe yourself to be. You don't need to lose weight.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• if you feel like you need to lose a few lbs, that's up to you. no one else.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• It's a combined weight loss of 4 people.. Sorry, I forgot to add that part.

~OP
    Anonymous

• You need some really chubby people on your team to win then. I never participated in those contests because I am thin myself. Better to just cheer on your friends, but not participate.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:27 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• If you want to do the challenge, do it just to do it. Doing it to lose the weight is kinda of silly because you don't need to lose any. You're small. The "I'm chubby" crap isn't going to fly. Just be happy with yourself, and if you really can't handle it make the necessary changes.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 6:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• do some pilates and tone up. i think you will be happier with the results than just losing weight.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 6:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• i don't see why it would be unhealthy if you go about it the right way, like proper eating habits and regular exercise. but if you only have 10 pounds between your weight and being underweight, you should understand that you probably won't win. would you be disappointed in putting in the effort, then not being in the running to win? if so, i think maybe you should find a different group of people who are trying to be healthy, not lose a significant amount of weight.
    nemiller

Answer by nemiller at 7:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2010