slimquick 7 day cleanse

has any one used this before i have been reading review on it people have lose up to 13lbs in a week

keithamy06

Asked by keithamy06 at 6:27 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Do you like to poop? Because this will help you poop, a lot. Like 13 lbs of poop in a week.

All diet aids that say cleanse should have the words POOP A LOT written across them. And a warning not to have a plane ride or a meeting to sit through.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:29 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Here's what happens with that. I had a colonoscopy and was thrilled when they cleaned me out and I lost 8 lbs. HOWEVER, once I started eating again it came back. There is always food in your system which adds up on the scale. Keeping it cleaned out a lot can be dangerous. So even if you drink your cleansing drink and lost the 13 lbs it will come back. It's just easier to slowly but surely work it off and keep it off.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:31 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I have tried similar cleanses and it's not even the poop, it's the cramps!!!!! On day three I was curled into a ball and couldn't move I was in so much pain!!!!!!! And I didn't lose a freaking pound. The only cleanse that didn't make me want to die was one by Advocare, but again I followed the meal plan and lost NOTHING!
    I can honestly say they are a waste of money, unless you really like pain?!
    bgcmommy

Answer by bgcmommy at 11:55 AM on Jan. 19, 2010