do you move every time your lease is up or do you renew?

just wondering because my lease is up in march and im trying to figure the pros and cons of moving to another place.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• we've been here going on 7 years now,so we renew.I hate moving!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• depends on how much you like the house and if there is something else you are looking at. You will figure it out.
    mepperly07

Answer by mepperly07 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• It depends. If I can move to another place that offers more square feet for the same or slightly higher rent, then I'll move. I don't wait till my lease is up to start looking as moving costs and deposits fees can add up. Also, location plays a key consideration as I must also weigh in daily transportation costs to school, work, shopping and entertainment.

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 7:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• we'll be moving just because we want a house not an apartment. Well if we can find a house cheap enough we will be.
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• i dont know if you are talking about a house or an apartment but both times i lived in an apartment when our lease was up it just automatically switched us to month-to-month payments so there was no rush for us to move if we were.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 7:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• We've been renewing for almost a year... its not worth the hassle of moving..
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 7:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I lived in my apt for 3 years.. I only moved once and thats when I got pregnant. I moved from a 1 bedrm to a 2 bedrm. Its not worth the hassle of moving. I want to get a house so Im staying put until Im able to put down a down pymt on a house.
    I do understand that staying in an apt sometimes its gets cluttered and you accumulate alot of things. Every year I do a whole weekend of recleaning where I go through the house and clean the closets out and the room and throw away things I havent seen all year and things we dont want. It helps me keep the clutter down and I redecorate to make it look new.
    Anonymous

• I would renew. Moving is too expensive. It costs to set up your utilities and phone again at the new place and its complicated to change your address at the post office, with your employer....it is all too much work. That is one of the reasons I bought a home and I don't ever want to move.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• We renewed when ours was up last May and will renew again this May. We love the location. The landlord is awesome. We'd be stupid to move.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2010