a hater?

We hear this all the time, she is a pagan hater, she is a Catholic hater, she is a____ hater.

What exactly is a hater? What makes a person a hater? How do you distinguish between hate and just trying to show a religion is wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Trying to show another religion is wrong is a hater
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I believe that hate is the opposite of love and don't like it one bit. I like to allow others to be who they are. http://shellyslaw.blogspot.com
    mepperly07

Answer by mepperly07 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I think a hater is a person who basically is not concerned about knowledge but only trying to belittle and discredit a persons faith.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:38 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I don't know. I think it is all in the eye of the beholder. I mean just today I think someone called me a hater, and a tool of Satan.

I try and be respectfull. I like a good discussion. I hope no one gets their feelings hurt by what I say, but I also know I am passionate about my beliefs and sometimes online I might come off too strong??? So I try and consider that as well. I am such a timid creature IRL too!!! LOL.

I think a hater is someone who dislikes a person based on their beliefs, not just someone who dislikes the beliefs. You can love a person you don't agree with. I think it is important to remember that (and for me, to make sure I don't come off too strong).

Anyways . . .

: )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• A hater is a person who hates and walks the opposite of love.

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• NP: not exactly.. some people do that yes... but a person can walk in love and tell you something that isn't right.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• but a person can walk in love and tell you something that isn't right.

But what gives them the "right" to decide what is right?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Overt bashing - especially when it's completely uncalled for. lol - welcome to cafemom.
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• But what gives them the "right" to decide what is right?

thank you notpanicking.
    Anonymous

I agree with this, someone who would love would show what is right about Jesus and their own beliefs.
    Anonymous