im on the the border with what to do anyone ideas?

I have this former friend who has been tryin to contact me to appologize to me about the past *long story* but short way to say that she accused me of stealing money and had someone harass me and some other things..... she has told em that her husband has left her with their 9 month old son and she wants to talk to me about what happened i feel like i should at least explain to her how i feel but i dont know if i want to be putting myself and my family into that situation again what do you think?

Mommy2Be1212009

Asked by Mommy2Be1212009 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• No. She has shown that she is not a friend, so don't resume contact.

Answer by Bmat at 7:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• only you know what is best. There are toxic friends and she sounds like she could be one. I would stay away but that is my opinion http://shellyslaw.blogspot.com
    mepperly07

Answer by mepperly07 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• stay away from the drama. it is one thing to have a disagreement with a friend about something, it is a whole different thing to have a friend accuse you and harrass you. I think she is trying to get into your good graces beacuse she has no one else to bitch to.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 7:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• You can talk to her but make no promises.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• It sounds like you had a very toxic relationship. Do you really want all of that in your life again? Is it worth it? Only you know what is best in this situation. It is a hard decision to make, but well worth the time to ponder over things and get it right the first time.
    Good luck.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 7:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Ignore her at all costs. Your instinct says no. That's why you asked.

You don't have to be nice to her. Don't contact her back.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• This should have been addressed as soon as it happened. The manner in which it was handled would make me inclined to simply tell her that "I respectfully decline." Everyone has the right to meet their accused and are innocent until proven guilty. You were sentenced and convicted, without a trial. The reality is, sounds like you both need closure. It takes a great deal of humility and honesty to apologize and that deserves recognition. The truth requires no defense and that vindication should erase your desire to rationalize or justify your feelings. It takes far more character to turn the other cheek than to seek revenge. During spiritual warfare, the best long run tactic is to be more understanding than expecting to be understood. The bottom line is choosing whom you serve and reclaiming your gavel.

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 7:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• RUN.

stay away!

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I wouldn't get into all that drama. She'll figure her life out. Don't let her drag you into that mess.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2010