do you believe in carrying birth control? may be too much TMI

I hear so many women claiming that they had unprotected sex- I usually wondered why. When asked if they carried condoms, they responded with things like 'of course not- that would be wrong' - not using them, but they seem to think that carrying birth control around with you says bad things about you.
So a unplanned pregnancy is the better way to go?
I must be the weird one- not only did I always carry condoms and other methods, I never let a guy put a condom on! I'd just do it - didn't trust them to do it right. Never had a guy complain- some seemed a bit surprised, but never had one argue-
What do you think-
and don't bother calling me a slut- perhaps I was one before I married, but believe it or not, a experienced women who had been around the block was EXACTLY what my now husband wanted- :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Health

• I carried them with me, it is smart to be safe in case nobody plans sex all the time so better safe than sorry.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Carrying it with me? No, been with three ppl if I sleeped with them at first it was planned out and I was in relationships with them. Never seen the need to carry it with me.
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• no i didnt plan on having sex with strangers...i kept condoms at home or at bf's houses
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I'm the poster- I didn't mean that it was sex with strangers- I carried it with me just in case I ended up doing something unplanned with those that I dated.
    The only 'stranger' I ever had sex with was the man I'm now married to.
    he wasn't exactly a stranger, but we didn't wait long.
    Anonymous

• Completely agree... though SO and I have never used one, and we (well, i) didn't plan on sleeping with him when it happened. Would have been better to be prepared, BUT I'm also fixed. lol So, that only left the STD issue, and since we were both exiting monogamous relationships (he had not had sex since his wife left him 6 months earlier, and I had not slept with my ex husband in over 18 months) it was discussed and decided that it was a non-issue.
    when I was a teen, I did carry a couple of condoms with me. But that still did not prevent me from becoming pregnant with my BF of 2 1/2 years... *shakes head* it is absolutely the responsible thing to be prepared. (and in no way makes you a slut)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• You know, it's some serious BS, but I've heard of rape case trials where the defense tried to say that the woman carried condoms and that meant she was planning on having consensual sex.

There are a lot of dangerous and bogus ideas out there that lead to serious health problems, legal problems, and planned children.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with being prepared. It is always important to use birth control. VERY important. Unwanted pregnancies are way too common. If you carry condoms, that is a good thing. Just don't display them..LOL...if you are too shy.
    Anonymous

• you go girl! if more people were like you there'd be less unwanted kids in the world (not that all in this situation are).
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:18 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Hubby and I would travel with it when we went on vacations and weren't ready for kids yet.

Before marriage I never did, because I never worried about having unplanned sex - I already chose not to until I was married; and, having already firmly made that decision, didn't waver on that.

Anonymous

• Having control of the situation by having protection on you doesn't make you a slut, to many babies come into this world (and to many are aborted) because women have the false notion that birth control is a males job.
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 3:15 AM on Jan. 19, 2010