What would the punishment be if you caught your 12 year old sneaking out at night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• what difference does it make if it's a girl or a boy?
    I don't think I'd spank since I don't believe in it, but I would take things away they cared most about, and not waiver on the punishment.
    My mother used to ask me why my much younger brother would listen to me and not her- told her it was probably because he knew that if I told him things like 'do that again and no movies tonight'(when he was in my care) I meant it-I may have been the stricter with punishments, but if he did something wrong he always ran to me with it.
    Guess he thought that being made to replace something (like the phone cord he decided to cut) was better than our mom's yelling.
    If my mom told him no, he would just nag her until she said yes. I don't remember her actually giving a punishment that she threatened- ever.
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 8:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• girl or boy?
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• A lovely addition to the house of bars on the windows. Perhaps all TV and "toys" revoked. Not to mention volunteer time at a local shelter so that she/he can see exactly how nice he/she has it at home.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 7:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• who cares if it is a girl or boy, they would lose all priveleges and the windows would be nailed shut or barred, and I would take them everywhere, and all they would be able to do is go to school come home do homework eat and sleep nothing else.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• OP ~~
    Just a hypothetical Q -- girl or boy!
    Anonymous

• i was just asking because it depends what they were sneaking out to do.I think a girl would be more likely to be getting up to no good.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• First, I'd take away the tv, game systems, radios, ipods, phones, everything. Then I'd take their door off thier hinges. They would be allowed to go nowhere until I decided I could trust them again, and they'd have plenty of chores added onto what they've already got. No way would I tolerate that. No way.
    Anonymous

• BIG TIME GROUNDING!!!!!! no 12 yr old should be sneaking out at night and makes you have to ask, is she having sex,sorry but unfortunatly girls are at such a young age,its scarey!
    Anonymous

• I wouldnt care if it was a girl or a boy. If my 12 year old snuck out the window, his or her ass would be grass. Thats an absolute no no.
    Anonymous

• Ok...How would she be sneaking out and who are her friends that would inspire her or him to want to sneak out? I would so ground that kid and find out who the friends were,then talk to the kids' parents. There is no excuse for that kind of behavior and I would not let it happen again. ...If I had to get special locks on the doors that could only be opened by a key that I wore on a chain around my neck!!! ANd I might even consider counseling.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2010