How exactly do I do the KEGEL exercises?

I'm not sure I am doing it right. I need specific steps to follow. Please advise....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when you pee and can stop your pee do that. you suck in down there make sense?
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• i herard their like if ur peeing and u try and make it stop by squeezeing then ur doing that exercice
    Anonymous

• When you can stop the flow of urine, that is a kegel exercise. You can also do this during sex to make things more pleasurable for the both of you.
    For an official exercise you would slowly tighten those muscles until you have them clamped shut. Then you would slowly release those muscles. The exercise that I use treats it as moving the elevator up one floor at a time and back down one floor at a time.
    (Side note: The release process uses the muscles that are needed to push when you deliver. That is why everyone says they are a good exercise to do before you have a baby. I did them and ended up pushing for a total of 10-15 MINUTES for my very first child.)
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 8:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• You can also buy vaginal weights. You insert it. Then hold it in while you do stuff around the house, like cook or vacuum. It's super easy.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• When youurinate clenchyourt muscles to stop going hold it then release that is akegel, then just dothem while driving or whenever but youcan also buy ben-wa balls they have plastics ones for beginners and then heavier ones as youexcel you insert them into your vagina and use your muscles to hold them in there as youdo stuff around the house and so on. It takes practice though
    anessaalainasmo

Answer by anessaalainasmo at 8:36 PM on Jan. 18, 2010