Will you let your kids drink or smoke at home?

Some people say that it's better for them to do things at home rather than out with their friends. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, I would not. We do not do that, and she will not be taught to do that. We are also going to teach her the reason WHY. Too many people don't realize that children and young adults want to know the WHY behind everything. That is why so many want to try such things. They want to know what the big deal is the first time. From there it can escalate into an unseemly mess.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 8:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• No way on God' green earth.
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 7:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• No
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• No! I don't do those things so they won't be allowed to do it either.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Nope. But when they are adults, wine is sometimes served with dinner. Drunkenness is NOT okay.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• My girls have been brought up Apostolic where they are taught MORALS! Thank the Lord my girls LOVE the Lord and no better!
    Anonymous

• I doubt it . I did have my first drink at Christmas with the whole family when I was about 20 because they wanted me to know what it was like. I decided I didn''t like it. LOL. I would let my kids drink and /or smoke after age 21 but I would be unhappy about it.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• personaly i would let my kids drink at home i will be able to watch them and make sure they dont do anything stupid that they normaly would do while they are out.
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 8:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• not sure. i can't say what i'll do as a parent until that time comes. since my dd is 4 & 2, it's easy for me to say no. however, i'm not sure what methods of parenting will work with them until they reach that age. i'd love to say never, but to be honest, i'm not sure.
    Anonymous

• hell no...they know rite from wrong so if they go out in the streets doin stuff they have no business and they get in trouble or something bad happens its on them..sounds messed up but its so true...thats y God said honor your mother and father!
    thelook151

Answer by thelook151 at 8:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2010