Anyone a paralegal?

I am thinking about taking some classes to become a paralegal. I just wanted to know how you obtained you certificate or degree? I've seen where you can obtain one online or through a technical school. Where did you obtain your certifcate/ degree from?

ang0343

Asked by ang0343 at 8:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• I got my certificate while I was an undergrad but there are many paralegal programs out there.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I got my paralegal degree at a local college then went on to get another degree in Legal Administration on my way to law school. Check into your area and see if they even recognize them. Some areas (smaller communities) still have the good old boy system and think paralegals are just legal secretaries so just make sure you don't waste your time and energy. I'd call some local attorney's offices and ask. You'll find out more by asking the secretaries. They know everything!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• My spouse worked as a paralegal for a few years; he has BS degrees in accounting and finance, and a paralegal certification from a university (that was paid for by his employer).

Answer by rkoloms at 8:12 AM on Jan. 19, 2010