I have a concern about my child's weight.

My child currently weighs 14 lbs at 8 weeks old I'm just curious as to other mothers children's weight at this time in their life.

sashasmom159

Asked by sashasmom159 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son was 10 lbs at that age,7 at birth
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• My dd was in or over the 100% for height and weight from one month up to... Let me think... NOW! She is three and a half now. She is a little skinny butt with the height of a four or five year old.
    Don't worry too much because all of that baby fat is going to help them grow.
    Heck, my dh was a complete chunk as a baby and his cousin was a little scrawny thing. Now they are the complete opposite!
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 8:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• What was your childs weight when they were born? Thats a big factor. My son was only around 10lb but he was 5lb when he was born. My husband was over 9lb when he was born so he was around 15-18lb when he was about that age.
    Anonymous

• she was 9 lbs 1 oz when she was born
    sashasmom159

Answer by sashasmom159 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• My LO was close to 8lbs at 8 weeks. She was 5 lbs 14 oz at birth. Full term. All babies grow differently. She is all of 18 lbs at 19 mos.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• My youngest nephew probably weighed about that or maybe a little more. He was 6 lbs 15 ozs at birth and weighed in at 11 pounds at his two week check up... I wouldn't worry, and don't let doctor's bully you into starving your baby either.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 8:38 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• She's gaining pretty quickl; normally you look for 4-6 ounces a week from lowest weight. Breastfed or formula? It *is* possible to overfeed with formula.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:02 AM on Jan. 19, 2010