preeclampsia

I was induced the 8th because i developed severe preeclampsia and was wondering if there was anyone else here that had it? if so how long did it take for your blood pressure to return to normal?

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 8:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had it so bad that they kept me in the hospital for five days. The family doctor didn't want them to release me. He thought I should be there another two days. I think it took a couple of weeks to get it back down to normal level. Now I am on the low end. Go fig!
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 8:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I had it along with Hellp syndrome and was in icu for 2 days after the birth of my son. My blood pressure returned to normal within a week. I'm like the pp, my blood pressure now runs on the low side, but it was that way before the pre-eclampsia too.
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 8:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• i was in the hospital for 4 days and i'm not so sure they wanted to release me. now I have to go back pretty much weekly to get checked out until it''s normal again. I am so sick of that hospital!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I also have pre-e and was induced (grudgingly). My blood pressure has yet to return to normal and I have been hospitalized five times since my daughter's birth one year ago. Don't let that worry you, however, in the vast majority of preeclampsia cases, blood pressure returns to normal very shortly after the birth of your child.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• In theory it returns to normal after baby is born.
    Anonymous

• I was in the hospital on a Wed and left on Sunday. The only nice thing was I never was moved from the labor/delivery room, which was huge!

I was taking BP meds for a couple weeks, but things were back to normal within a week of release.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:12 AM on Feb. 2, 2010