How do i keep my girls occupied during the day?

I am a SAHM for the time being we just moved back home from Fl and i have had my 17 mo old Anessa home with me since i got home from the hospital with Alaina, I dont have much money and other than trips outside which is hard when it is below 0 i dont know what todo tokeep her occupied that doesnt tre me out completely so i can still be with Alaina too...

anessaalainasmo

Asked by anessaalainasmo at 8:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Let her play with a balloon. Kids get pretty creative with that. Have a supply cupboard with different games that you can pull out if you need to. Stock up on crayons and paper. Have board or soft books for her to look through.
    Just a few thoughts.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 8:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• i would read, build blocks, for trips out, i would try the library. here there are free storytimes. its hard when they are that little. my sks were 8 and 4 when i had my little girl so they werent so close. she is 18 mos now and it would be hard to keep her entertained and have the energy for a newborn. i wish you the best
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Create a routine. Wake up, breakfast, teeth, get dressed for the day, play a game/go outside/learning fun, snack, nap, playtime, lunch, nap, outside/learning/play dough/finger painting/coloring/water table, snack, free play, dinner, bath, teeth, bed. Or something similiar every day. I also take my daughters to the library for toddler time up to 3x a week. You need to have activities and things to do lots even throwing cotton balls at each other for 10minutes or so.. :) Don't be afraid to get silly and have fun. At 17 months my daughter was also "helping" me clean and make dinner.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2010