Where is the Haitian President or Prime Minister?

How come he hasn't been on tv or spoken yet..or has he??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Right now? Homeless.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I havent heard him speak, but I did hear that he was homeless too.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• So, basically they dont know where he is??
    Anonymous

• They showed him on CNN on like the first or 2nd day. He's homeless, too.
    TristansMom440

Answer by TristansMom440 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Washington/Port-au-Prince - The Haitian prime minister Sunday estimated that 70,000 bodies have been recovered from the earthquake wreckage of Port-au-Prince. Prime Minister Jean-Max Bellerive told the US broadcaster ABC that that number is probably a low estimate, as an untold number of victims have already been buried by their relatives already.

International officials have increased their estimate of the number of dead from Tuesday's 7-magnitude earthquake to 200,000, up from an earlier 50,000, according to US Lieutenant General PK Keen, who spoke to ABC news.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/304303,haitian-minister-70000-bodies-already-recovered.html
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I imagine he is in shock right now. I am wondering though, that he must not be a very good leader if he can't rise above this and lead his people.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 1:59 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Myabe he's busy burying his loved ones? or perhaps he's helping the people of his country and that is more important than speaking to the world because Haitians aren't sitting around their TV's waiting for him to speak because they don't HAVE TV's). Soeaking to the public would only be for those of us who are safe and secure in our homes and I bet he has more important things than Americans who need to hear what he has to say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Soeaking to the public would only be for those of us who are safe and secure in our homes and I bet he has more important things than Americans who need to hear what he has to say.

***
    I think he should spare a couple of minutes, not to satisfy us, but perhaps reassure the Haitian American citizens here, who likely still have friends and family in Haiti. Besides, our President has a lot of things on his plate, but that never stopped him from speaking in front of a camera! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:37 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• He may very well be dead.
    night.magic

Answer by night.magic at 8:52 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Maybe he's out drinking pina coladas with Hugo
    Anonymous