biblical question--the serpent

i thought the serpent is suppose to be reference to "satan" because he tempted eve to eat the forbidden fruit---but how can that be the case when luthifer was the fallen angel==hence form of satan---or do i have it all wrong--dont understand--can someone clarify for me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Satan (Lucifer), being an angle can take on any form. When tempting Eve, he took on the form of a serpent.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• hmmm.... you have me thinking...

hubby says that the bible say "God created Heaven & Earth" and the angels were in Heaven then...
    then I pull out my bible and it says "God created the Sky & the Earth" which was always how I interpreted Heaven anyways....

research time! :)
    Anonymous

• anon@:44
    I think her point is more to how was Satan there if he hadn't been created yet.
    Anonymous

• Lucifer stopped being an angel when he fell from grace. He was once one of God's most beloved angels, but he made his choice to defy God. Hence the fall.
    When he fell, he stopped being Lucifer and became known as Satan.
    The reference of the serpent is one that has been debated by many. It could be that he acted through the serpent who would have been in the Garden and well known by Adam and Eve.
    It could be that it is symbolic. That he was slippery and sly and ready to strike like a serpent. I don't really know for sure. I guess that is one area I need to study a little more.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 8:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• sorry, you aren't anon LOL AngelDawn.
    Anonymous

• yes i was getting at how could the serpent be satan if satan technically did not exist yet--since lucifer came later
    Anonymous

• lucifer came later, after the fall? scripture reference, please??
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:18 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Satan very well may have spoken through the serpant just as God spoke through Balaam's donkey.
    Lucifer fell before Adam and Eve were created.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I mean after Adam and Eve were Created but he was there before the fall. Creation was GOOD on the 6th day. Then Lucifer rebelled and was cast down then the serpent spoke to Eve.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I'm not aware of anything that says satan's rebellion happened before the fall.
    Anonymous