question about periods after birth

i just had a baby by c-section i was bleeding only for 2 weeks then stop and didnt start again till a week ago and still am bleeding is this my period or is it still blood from my birth? i never go past 5 days when im sleeding on my regular period or is there something wrong with me? plz send comments

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sorry hun, but when did you have the baby.. We don't have a time frame to tell if this is normal or not. If you had the baby say 5 weeks ago, bleed for 2 and now 3 weeks later, well that would be your period. So when did you have the baby? Some women bleed for a few weeks some bleed off and on for 6 weeks. Sometimes with doing alot of stuff around the house can cause you to start bleeding again.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:55 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• i had my baby 8 weeks ago also i got the depo shot before i left the hospital
    Anonymous

• Breakthrough bleeding can happen with the shot also. Is it really heavy or light, does it increase with the more work around the house that you do? Periods after birth can be very different than before, it does go back to "some kind of normal" tho.. If the bleeding continues, gets heavier and bright red, I would call to be safe, alot of women on depo don't have periods at all..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• when i'm just relaxing its spotting but when i move around alot is when it gets a little heavy
    Anonymous

• I bled for 5 weeks straight after my c-section then stopped for a week and bled again. I had a so called period for 9 days then the bleeding stopped. It may be your period and b/c your body hasn't had a period it is longer. Keep monitoring it and if it doesn't stop with in 10-12 days I would talk to your dr about it.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I bled for 5 weeks after my c-section. Then I didnt get my first period till my daughter was 3 months old. I then bled for 28 days. I had called the doctor about it and he said that the first one can be a crazy one.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• well one are you bfing? if so it's not your period and a normal bleeding time after a baby is 6-10 wks from the sound of it it's still from the baby since it's heavier when you move around but call your ob and ask them about it they can tell you for sure whats going on we cant
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Jan. 19, 2010