do you agree with what the US is doing to help haiti?

i know i will get bashed for saying this, but that is why im posting anonymously....i dont think we should send any money at all.....i think they should just let them deal with their own problems. i also think that we should do something about the middle east..THIS WAR IS GOING NOWHERE!!! its just like the vietnam war and it will be that way until we do something drastic....we need to bomb them or something....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i won't post anon, i think that we have so many problems here but we are always so willing to help the next person rather than helping those in need right here in are own country first and look at our 13 trillion dollar national debt but if we are in debt that much then how do we have 100 million or whatever is was they donated to help them
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Well, yeah. It s only fair to help our fellow human beings even if they don't live near you or look like you or behave the way you want them to,. EVeryone I know has contributed to the Red Cross or similar charities. If we as AMericans and other countries give money and time and support, it is the right thing to do. The 82nd Airborne from Ft Bragg went down to Haiti to help. Our local churchmen and women are going ....our Senator Klobuchar is helping bring the adopted babies to the state.
    Anonymous

• I agree with everything the person who posted this said. I dont think we should help and im tired of hearing about it.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• i am the poster and my husband is in the 82nd airborne and is going to help, but he has the same opinion that i do....
    Anonymous

• i dont think we should help. until we have our finances under control, i dont think we should be throwing money at a useless cause. haiti was in poor condition before the earthquake, there is no reason we should have to rebuild them. im sorry ur hubby has to go :(
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I agree 100% with the OP and BrittanyD07!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 9:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I don't agree with my tax dollars going there to help, not in such abundance. I would like another economic stimulus this year! I do think private donations and volunteering should be enough.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 9:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I know the conditions of our homeless and poor are not as bad as what those in Haiti are facing right now, but I think the way the US helps out other countries when so many here need help and the country is so far in debt is like taking money from your food budget and letting bills go behind to put money away in case a neighbor had a house fire and needs help.
    Anonymous

• Well, I guess it i a good thing it is not your loved one under a pile of rubble, and we all had your attitude. Heartless really heartless, do you like to kick puppies too?
    Anonymous

• Does BOMBING places really help the issue? NO. All it does is kill innocent people, take 9-11 for example! GOOD thing they BOMBED US back..right? Lame fools like you think bombing solves things or makes a statement? It doesn't!

What if a earthquake hits YOUR town, your family is trapped, loved ones killed...good thing you don't want that AID to come HELP you people out, huh? Good thing you don't want other countries to take their time and volunteer to come find any survivers..good thing people think like you and will just let you die...alone. Eh, so what?

SURE this country is in an economic crisis, but there is HELP out there WHEN disasters strike..( our GOV doesnt tell US everything as we all know!) ..be glad it is not at YOUR door ANON...you would be left behind, but then that's good cause you want people to suffer...so will you.

People with minds like you are the reason the wars continue. THANK GOD WE have ♥
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 AM on Jan. 19, 2010