How to handle anger

My sd threw my full my garbage can across the kitchen today. She said she did it because she was mad. Now she hurts our animals, my dd, and admits she breaks things at home with bm and hurts her cat there. She is only 6. She has in the past grabbed my dd and bruised her and punched her in the face among other things. My dd is also younger. Now we have been trying to prove that bm is abusing her because she tells us that she is hit all the time, has had bruises to go with the stories, and says she is very frightened of bm. We are going through custody battle. How do I hadnle her anger. I am very afraid she will hurt my two dds or the animals. I dont know what to do. Plus, she is suppose to be in therapy and bm refuses to take her. We are currently waitng for court hearing on that. Im just scared that she is getting worse and I dont know how to stop her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• THERAPY!
    Anonymous

• by her a punching bag, tell her to yell as loud as she can
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:54 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• SO SORRY YOU MUST BE SO WORRIED. SHE NEEDS TO HAVE A SOCIAL WORKER ON HER SIDE, THE BM SHOULD BE REPORTED AND INVESTIGATED NOW. I WOULD CALL THE POLICE AND SHOW THE BRUISES ON HER AND LET HER TELL THEM WHATS HAPPENING, SHE'S TOO LITTLE TO GET HELP, YOU NEED TO GET THE HELP FOR HER BEFORE THE CUSTODY HEARING. GOOD LUCK
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 10:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• not a bad idea about the punching bag. About therapy though she i suppose to o but bm says she doesnt need anymore once my sd started talking about her home life a litle more.
    Anonymous

• How often do you have her? Can you take her to counseling when she is with you? Is a social worker involved? If not there should be one.

Best of luck.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 11:14 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• simple- sounds like she needs counsoling!
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 19, 2010