Has anyone used hydroxycut?

Or anything similar to that? I thought about getting the drink mix you just put into your water. Or that green tea mega tea supplements. I seem to have hit a plateau in my weight loss and just want a little bit of an extra kick. Anyone used it and have pros or cons they want to share?

Cass052005

Asked by Cass052005 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• i used hyfroxycut and trimspa, both worked for me but i gained the weight back bc it's not healthy to lose weight like that.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• i just started slimquick 7 day cleanse than i will start the slimquick i been reading about the cleanse people lose between 5-13 lbs in a week
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 9:38 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Yes, and its great!
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Yeah and didn't they just recall it AGAIN and come up with a new one right away AGAIN because it causes liver and kidney damage???
    Unless you plan on being on it forever, it's only a quick fix. The only way to lose it is with exercise and diet. But, it's your body, not mine.
    Anonymous

• I tried it but it made me smell weird so I stopped using it.
    MonicaLeigh

Answer by MonicaLeigh at 12:24 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• It made me sick to my stomach and I felt like I was on speed. I didn't like it at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• The easiest way to jump start your metabolism again is by eating more calories for a couple of days than what you were eating. Plateaus usually happen because your daily calorie count is too low. Those that eat 1400 to 1700 calories a day lose weight faster than those who eat 1200 calories a day or less. You need to eat calories to burn calories.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 7:13 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 7:56 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Thanks for the replies. I work out about an hour at least a day: I do cardio, aerobics, weight training, yoga, and use my ab circle pro. I have cut out all but one can of mtn dew a day and replaced the rest with water. I cut out snacking as well and eat mainly fruits and veggies. I really want to lose 10 more lbs but just cant seem to do anything with them...my daughter is almost 6 months old so I am hoping I can get the rest off in the next few months.
    Cass052005

Answer by Cass052005 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2010