newborn sleeping arrangments

How/where does your newborn baby sleep? Do you have a co-sleeper for inside the bed, or something like an Arm's reach co-sleeper that attaches to the side of your bed?

Do you have a pack-n-play? do you just let them sleep in a crib in another room?

Just getting ideas! I'm such a curious mother-to-be...

MommyG721

Asked by MommyG721 at 9:38 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• For my son i had a pac n play with the bassinet attachtment and also a cradle that was in my room.. i honestly used the pac n play more because it was easier to get him in and out..especially after having a c-section...and was easy to move from room to room. It also had an attachable changing tables.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I used a Moses basket. It was right beside my bed. I could roll over and just look right down to see them. I used it for all three of mine and loved it. I moved them to their crib around 3 to 4 months which was in another room.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 9:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I used a bassinet for one month with my first daughter, and a moses basket with my second for about a month, too.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I have a bassinet I put her in but she always ends up in bed with me. I don't use anything else. I'm such a light sleeper there are no worries about rolling over on top of her. This is my fourth baby. Its just easier this way for us.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• i bedshare with both my kids. our dd went form my bed to her toddler bed at 18 mts( she is almost 3 and some nights she comes to my bed) ds is 10 mts and he sleeps in his crib some nights but mostly my bed.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• we had a pack and play in our bedroom and our DS slept there, with us, for 8 weeks. Afterward, me moved him to his bedroom in his crib.
    lesjoiesdemaman

Answer by lesjoiesdemaman at 9:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• we had a crib but my daughter has always slept with me and hubby and still does she is 19months now. i breastfed her until she was 16months and it was so much easier and we both sleep so much better.HINT if ur baby doesnt sleep with u and is having trouble try using one of ur shirts with ur sent on it
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I've used both a bassinet and an Arms Reach co-sleeper. I want my baby right next to me! It makes for easier breastfeeding and more sleep as I don't have to get out of bed to take care of baby. I would NEVER put a baby under 6 months into another room. Keeping them in the same room with you reduces SIDS risk, plus, I just want them close by!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:54 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I totally forgot about Moses baskets!

MommyG721

Answer by MommyG721 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• my son has always slept in the bed with me. occasionaly in his crib.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2010