Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lawyer or IRS agent or REALTOR??

Could you please message me if you are one of these? I have a question about the new home buyer tax credit & buying from family -- kinda complicated!

(i am aware youre not allowed the credit if you buy from "immediate" family)

Answer Question

Asked by Bran6903 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 2 (10 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • as a former real estate agent, they can get themselves into trouble handing out information like that through these means. you might want to contact someone more formally.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

  • its just a question, theres no tricky business or anything being done

    Answer by Bran6903 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

  • Doesnt matter if there is no tricky bussiness.
    It is the same reasons drs and nurses cant give out medical advice online like this. It could bite them in the butt.
    I agree to just call someone. YOU can even call H&R block or even the IRS.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:28 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

  • Call the IRS 1-800-829-1040 - Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

    Answer by rkoloms at 7:55 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

  • you're best bet is to contact an accountant or call the IRS. real estate agents don't always know all the details. THis is a tax matter not legal, also.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.