To Wii or not to Wii?

So i have debated on making this rather exspensive purchase...THE WII!!! I would really like some feedback for this :) Would my 8 and pdd-nos 10 yo girls like it? Would i really benefit from the wii fit? Just a little help and advice please :)

okjb79

Asked by okjb79 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yea me and my huband play on the wii and the wii fit everyday u really get a work out on it
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I don't know you're whole story of your whole budget for whether or not you should make the purchase...

...but I can say that it is the easiest video game interface for little kids to use - - and grown-ups that aren't used to video game controls.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Wii Fit is a rip off, get Wii active instead, but yes, your kids will be fighting you for Wii time.
    Anonymous

• I dont like it. There are so many different things that you need for different games. Its just a pain. I had one then got rid of it because it ends up costing more with almost every game you want to get because they all need different controlers. Not work it to me.
    Anonymous

• My kids (9&4) love the Wii. Hubby loves it too. I don't like video games in general, but there are some fun ones on Wii.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• The "kids", LOL got a Wii for Christmas. My 3 year old LOVES it. some games are a little harder for them because it requires reading, but the Wii Sports that came with the game... my 3 year old is getting very good at Bowling :-)

I am on the fence about which game to get Active or Jillian Michaels or Jenny McCarthy..... I haven't tried any of them. But I have heard not so great things about Wii Fit.
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 10:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I love my Wii & Wii fit plus! even my toddlers love the Wii games :)
    Anonymous

• because they all need different controlers

That's a huge exaggeration. There are a few types of games that need special controllers or mats, but most of them work with more than one type of game and there are hundreds of games that don't need anything but the plain controllers that come with the game.
    Anonymous

• Love Love Love our Wii. The entire family. I have an 8 yr old and an 11 yr old and they love it. The only thing I know of that requires different controllers is the Wii fit pad. There are many accessories for the different games but they are not required to play the games like the tennis racket and golf clubs, but they aren't required. By far the least expensive of the game systems we have and probably the most used. It's good for all ages and also supports Game Cube games. We have more than got out money's worth out of it.
    jenlenr

Answer by jenlenr at 10:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I have a Wii and also have 3 boys and 1 darling SD (11, 7, 5, and 4). They can all play it and love it. I like it because it kids off their butts to play video games (well most of them). I also have the Wii fit. I like it but there are a lot of things that need to change in it. I do plan on getting the Wii fit Plus though because from all the reviews I have read on it is a lot better than the orignal. Not everything needs diffrent controllers. There are some games that are more fun to play if you have the accessories (like a steering wheel for the racing games) but as my husband and I have found out Big Lots has a lot of these cheap. I hope this helps you.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 18, 2010