Toddler Crafts?

How can I get my 2yr old daughter into sitting down and doing some arts&crafts with me? I have a big bag full of craft stuff:pom poms, feathers, pipe cleaners, popsicle sticks, glitter glue, construction paper, crayons, and foam shapes and animals. Any ideas on how to get her interested in sitting down and making things with me?
Or is this sort of stuff perhaps out of her age range? Should I maybe put that stuff off til she is 3 or 4?

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 10:29 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• ask your daughter what she would like to make. Give her ideas and make craft time sound fun and exciting. While your daughter is making something why don't you make your own art project. Sing songs talk about shapes, colors. Maybe your daughter would prefer fingerprinting or playing with homemade play dough. If your daughter is still not interested put the art stuff away. Maybe she has other interests dancing, playing baby dolls with you.
    mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 10:38 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• at that age my daughter liked to finger paint, and scribble on paper with crayons . that was the extend of her arts and crafts.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:10 AM on Jan. 21, 2010