Naming help..

Name:

Lulu Denese.

Up or down, why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i like it
    Anonymous

• sorry, don't like it. Lulu sounds like a dog's name.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 10:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• don't like it. Lulu reminds me of a cheap stripper name. I used to know a pretty bad person named Denise. Maybe find a longer name and use lulu as a nickname so she can change it up when she's older if she wants.
    Anonymous

• Lulu? I can see that as a nickname maybe. But your asking for it if you give her that name.
    Anonymous

• I think Lulu should be a nickname for Lucy or Lucille, or Lucinda, (or whatever "Lu" starting name) - something mature sounding for when she's grown up and wants her name to be taken seriously on a job resume.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Why would I be "giving" it to her to give her that name?

I thank you all for your opinions, but I feel that Lulu is a classic, classy and respectable name, which can also be a fun name! I have a 4 year old named Constance, and I feel the name has treated her well so far, if she wants, she can shorten it to Connie, but she loves her name.

Lulu isn't the same as Louise something like that because those are "LouLou" and I like the name Lulu. I don't want her to be foced to write/be called "Louise" if she loves the name Lulu. I had the same problem. My name is Julie Allison Carter and I go by Ally because I like my middle name more than my first because my mom called me Ally growing up. It's just a thing. I hate being called or refered to as Julie.
    Anonymous

• Her name to be taken seriously? I'm sorry, last I checked people with 4 letter names were still eligible for employment in the united states.
    Anonymous

• Also, Denese is the name of my grandmother-in-law who passed away one year ago on my due date 4/16/10, a bit of serendipity.

One more thing, I really do appreciate the feedback even though I don't agree with all of it. Thank you so much ladies.
    Anonymous

• Im with most of the other girls.. Lulu is a dog or stripper & I think the poor girl needs something a little more tasteful.
    Anonymous

• You only have to write full names on official government forms - anyone can go by a nickname on school papers or anything else they want.

And I agree with more serious name for an option she can choose when she's grown up - I've helped my boss go through resumes before and (fair or not) bosses are naturally drawn to stronger names...I've seen studies on it.
    Anonymous