Will my boyfriend be able to stay over night with me when I give birth?

I'm getting close to my due date in a couple of months and I want to have everything set. I was wondering if your partner is allowed to be there over night after you give birth because I would really feel more comfortable with him there the entire time instead of just during the birth. I'm going to ask my doctor when I go Friday but I was wondering if anyone else got to have their hubby/bf in the room the whole stay.

penguinbabe44

Asked by penguinbabe44 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Oh yeah, He can stay the whole time labor, delivery, postpartum, etc. . . . Encourage it ! my husband stayed the whole time with both kids, he was my coach and helped me through the whole thing ! it's an experience that you can never replace HAVE HIM IN THERE ! you'll rather have him than another nurse you don't know helping you out !
    1SuThErNmOmMa

Answer by 1SuThErNmOmMa at 12:27 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Yep. He was there with me and our son every single second. They had a cot for him and everything.
    Anonymous

• Mine did for our first. Our second though, was in a different hospital, and he was not. It really depends on the hospital.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Call and talk to someone in L&D and find out what their policies are at your hospital.

I had each of my daughters in different hospitals, but both times my husband was able to stay with me the entire time until the baby and I were discharged to go home.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• my hub was allowed to stay with me, for 3 days. my mom actually had to tell him to go home and take a shower. he didnt want to leave me because i had serious issues.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• ALmost ALL hospitals will allow it!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• yap mine was there with me
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 11:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• It depends on the hospital he couldn't stay overnight but they didn't kick him out he left @ 11 every night. I guess it was because i had a c section.
    bsandz

Answer by bsandz at 12:13 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Yep. My hubby (boyfriend at the time) stayed with me when #1 was born and my best friend AND my mom stayed with me when #2 was born (hubby was in BMT).
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:14 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Here is where a marriage license comes in handy. If you have a medical crisis, your boyfriend will have no say in your treatment, and no rights to see you. Spend the fourty dollars.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:24 AM on Jan. 19, 2010