when you go on vacation how long do you like to stay gone? How long does dh like to stay gone? How do you come to an agreement if you disagree on where to go or how long to stay gone?

We can usually agree on a place to go...our big problem is that i would love to go somewhere and actually STAY! ya know for like an actual week. Dh wants to go stay 2 days, 3 at THE MOST...and come home to spend the rest of his vacation parked on the couch. Money is not the issue here. He says its because he needs his rest after being on vacation. I just don't consider 2 days a vacation. I also think its because he doesnt want to leave his kitties for that long. Idk. Anyone else have problems agreeing with your dh when it comes to vacation? *and i don't need anyone telling me i'm a bitch*

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• We just got back from vacation today. We left Friday afternoon and got back this afternoon. We both like taking several weekend vacations throughout the year, rather than one or two long vacations. I guess my only suggestion is to compromise with him. Maybe on one vacation, take a week long vacation, and on the next vacation, just take a 2-3 day vacation and come back home. While he is parked on the couch you and the kids could use the opportunity to re-explore your town or a city near by. Pretend to be tourist in your town for a few days.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• We had a disagreement last time. I wanted to stay two nights and he only wanted to be gone one. It's been 8 years since we have been any where for more than one night. After a couple weeks talking about it he finally agreed. Getting him to go any where for more than one night is usually a tough one.
    Anonymous

• oh, i tried compromising. See, my lil brother is graduating boot camp in march and its a 3 day event...at firt i wanted to go the 3 days and stay the rest of the weekend but that was just not acceptable and he said he wouldnt have and days left for our 1yr anniversary to take vacation...so i said fine...we will just drive up to see him graduate and come straight home and for our anniversary we can take a week vacation...he got all huffy.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• We go to Florida every year and stay at my parents. Of course, I would stay there for a month if I could...lol My husband is ready to come home after a week. I try to get him to stay for 10 days, but usually he wins, especially now with our little guy. Go to an all-inclusive resort. I can always get my husband to stay there a bit longer! Everything you need is right there. My husband loves the unlimited alcohol!!
    Anonymous

• yeah, mine doesnt drink...he could have 1 beer and be wasted. I honestly think its because of the cats. Even though we could have his parents look in on the cats every day...he just doesnt want to leave them more than 2 days!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• We've never gone on vacation, but he hates the ocean and people, I love crowds and the boardwalk...we'd probably last about an hour, haha!
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 12:17 AM on Jan. 19, 2010