How many ounces of formula are some of you giving your 7 month old on a daily basis??

I have a 7 month old and she is having 6 6oz bottles daily.....is this too much, because she seems completely satisfied with it, and has been less interested in baby food......

mommylove2424

Asked by mommylove2424 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does your baby not sleepthrough the night? My son is 4.5m old and eats 4-6oz bottles and eats food two times a day, but also sleeps 12-13h over night!
    When do you fit in all those feedings! :)

Id say that the amount is perfect! My pediatrian gave me a list and it says they should take 27-40oz a day!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• No more then 40oz a day. My son is 7 months old now. He gets 4 8oz bottles a day and with each bottle he gets infant cereal, veggies, or a vegetable. He gets the cereal in the morning and before bed. You want to make sure That you are giving her some of the baby food so that when it is time to take her off formula/breast milk she will eat other things. If she is not eating baby food then try cutting down on how much you put in her bottle or take away one bottle a day to get her to eat a little more.
    Anonymous

• Jackson is 6 months and has 3 8 oz bottles a day and is not eating solids regularly. He sleeps at least 12 hours a night sometimes up to 16 and takes 2 long naps during the day :)
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:10 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Mine were taking in as much as 48 oz a day at that age. 32 oz is the minimum they need.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• i wish my daughter slept throught the night i give her cereal with a fruit morn n night then veggie for lunch n i mix the formula with the feedings n put her down with naps with formula she still wakes up twice a night drinking each time almost eight ounces
    millerchic

Answer by millerchic at 11:43 AM on Jan. 19, 2010