How do I make a Price Package for my Party Planning Business??

Hi! I am starting a Party Planning Business and I am stuck on how to set up packages that are affordable, but enough money so that I'm paid for my time. I was going to have 4 packages to choose from like silver, bronze, gold and platinum. How do I price these packages???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• Add up the cost for materials. This will be your base price. Then estimate how much time the package will take you including before, during, and after the party and set an hour wage and go from there. So, if the materials cost $50 and it will take 4 hours of your time at $10 an hour, the package should be at least $90. You may want to adjust the price or have coupons to get your business started. Also, check around at other places/business to see what they charge. Good Luck!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• i would say the different packages are good, but also for different venus. like a childs bday isnt going to take near as much planning/effort as a wedding. unless thats what you were refering to.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Base it on similar packages in your area.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:22 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• The first thing you need to do is research what similar plans cost in your area.

Second figure out about what you would like to earn "per hour" and how many hours you will have to work for each.

What I aimed to do when I put together wedding planning plans I aimed to save them at least as much as I cost. My normal aim with weddings is to save them about $1500 and my average payment is about $1000. This way they are still able to save some money over doing it alone. - Usually...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:13 AM on Jan. 19, 2010