how do you do it????

i have a 6 year old daughter that is in school, i also have a 1 year old and a 2 year old at home also, how can i find time to work with my daughter schoolwize?? reading, flash cards, colors ect.???? any sugesstions would be helpful??

ncollins885

Asked by ncollins885 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• maybe we should be asking you the question..."how do you do it"...i would be pulling my hair out!!!!! lol...i only have one, so i couldnt
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• If the little ones will sit and watch a movie you could use that time to work with your daughter. Thats what my mom had to do with me and my sister when we were younger. Good luck!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• sorry...i couldnt tell you.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• definately try to find something for the younger too. or try to time their nap when she is doing homework. that works best for me. also, is there anyone else at home when you are wanting to do the school work? if not maybe do the homework stuff first right when she gets home and save the extra stuff for when your SO/DH gets home and can entertain the munchkins.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I try to use the time that my 4 yr old is in preschool to work on colors and shapes and stuff with my 2 yr old, and then during the 2 yr old's nap is the only time I really have to work with the 4 yr old on her homework (her teacher sends home word finds, coloring pages and simple math & writing worksheets).
    Once our toddler stops napping, I don't know what we'll do, except just save it all for the evenings and weekends when my husband is home too so they each get 1-on-1 time.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• does she stay up later? maybe like 30 minutes or so just before bed.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Nap times for the little ones, or even let the little ones get involved, they can try flashcards too and she can read to all of you, you can also do it during breakfast in car rides you can do verbal quizzes. Just be creative.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 11:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• keep them all in teh same room while u work with the older one. a movie helps a lot too
    kikyu

Answer by kikyu at 2:35 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• immediately after school we do homework (my girls are 8, 6 and 3) youngest doesn't have homework but she's got a notebook and pencil she scribbles in while we do it.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2010