omg drama queen

ok. I am pregnant and I am not married to the dad. my b/f mom is all upset with me because i told her that I don’t want her in the delivery room. I want my step mom and my b/f in there with me. I live with b/f and his mom for like the last 6 months. I have known my step mom for 4 years. She understands me. B/f mom is the type of person that if you don’t take her opinion then she will tell you 1 million stories as to why you should do it her way. And if you don’t do it her way then she starts crying and thinks that you dont care what she thinks. How can I make her understand that this is my time. And to stop fighting me on every single decision I make.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You cant....good luck....I wasnt able to have anyone in the room with me...I had to have an emergency c-section. But it would have just been my husband.
    Anonymous

• u cant change her. thats just the way she is. let her know that it is your decision, and she needs to respect that.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• oh sweetie, sounds like his mom and my MIL are the same person! *hugs*

seriously, the only thing that helped me was moving 12 hours away... not like everyone can do that though.
    Anonymous

• Tell her just what you said it is your day and it is stressful and you need to be able to handle the way you see fit.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 11:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Just inform your doctor of your wishes and if need be the doctor will boot her out of the room. Also, make sure your BF is aware that you do NOT want his mother in the room. :) I know thinking about it now it seems like a REALLY big deal who is in the room, but when the time comes & your working on getting that baby out- you would not care if it was a life broadcast across america. If your doctor is okay with there being more than 2 people... it may be easier to just allow it. :)
    Hope everything turns out ok!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• you probably cant without her cryin
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• SOUNDS LIKE YOU DON'T CARE WHAT SHE THINKS AND HER TEARS ARE WARRENTED. SHE JUST WANTS TO BE PART OF THE BIRTH OF HER GRANDCHILD LET HER IN BUT TELL HER BEFOREHAND THAT YOU EXPECT HER NOT TO TALK.
    Anonymous

• tell the drs you do not want her in the room. try to explain to her that you want it to be a very intimate and private experience- once the baby is out and cleaned off she can come in (my parents, etc. came in after an hour or two). She will get over it... and if she doesnt, that's her issue.
    Anonymous

• tell her she can be in there and then ask one of the nurses to say politely that you are only allowed two people and one of them must go, hopefully she will volunteer...if not just say i really need these people here between your panting. she can't deny you that when you're in pain!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I know thinking about it now it seems like a REALLY big deal who is in the room, but when the time comes & your working on getting that baby out- you would not care if it was a life broadcast across america. pinkcicle709

and that is sooooooo true!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2010