How much does your DD weigh?

My daughter will be 5 in two weeks. She is short for age, but nothing the doctors are concerned about. She weighs 33lbs, and is 37 inches tall. Reading the booster seat article made me wonder what other girls her age weigh. She isn't big enough yet for a booster, and will be a while before she is in one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• uh oh! LOL my 2.5 year old is the same size as your 5 year old! yeah, I know I'm not helping with your question.
    Anonymous

• My dd will be 5 in Sept. and is around 35 pounds. She is taller than our yardstick, but I haven't officially measured her for a while. Maybe 39" or so? I'm thinking she will be in her carseat forever at this rate. We haven't even considered a booster yet, since she's safe and we're all happy with the 5 point harness carseat.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 11:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• OK you ladies are scaring me! I'm the one with the apparently huge 2.5 year old! I'm only 5'4", she's going to tower over me by the time she's in middle school!
    Anonymous

• My daughter is five and she is exactly the same weight as your daughter but about 42 inches tall. I think she will never be big enough for a booster either.
    maretab

Answer by maretab at 11:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• My youngest daughter is almost 4 (in April) and weighs about 34lbs and is 40" tall.
    My oldest daughter was a runt, though, lol. When she was in kindergarten they did a BMI check on all the kids. She was 5 1/2, weighed 32lbs and was 39" tall. That's smaller then my 3 1/2yo. She's 9 1/2 now (10 in June) and weighs 46lbs and is 4' tall. She's always been the smallest kid in her class and some of the other girls tower over her at almost 5' tall (she's in the 4th grade). Even her younger brother is bigger then her. He's 8, about 4'5" and weighs almost 70lbs.
    My middle daughter was 40" and 40lbs at 5.
    My oldest was in a regular carseat or booster with a 5pt harness until she was 6 1/2. Then she switched to a booster even though she wasn't quite 40lbs yet (it was a logistical thing). She didn't hit 40lbs until she was almost 7 1/2. And even though the law here is 8 or 80lbs and she's almost 10 she's still in the booster.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:14 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I was about the size of your daughter, I am now 33yrs, I am 5'2" and weigh too much. LOL She will be fine. My son is almost 14, he is 5' and weighs 87lbs. He is tiny, but, it'll happen. My mom is a different story, when she graduated from high school, she was 4'10" and weighed 89lbs. She could ride in the booster then and now, if she hadn't gained weight. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:53 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• my dd is 34 mts and is 35 3/4 iches and 31lbs
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:30 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• my soon to be 4 year old is 37 inches tall and barely 28 pounds. But she was 16 1/2 inches at birth and 5 pounds 13 ounces so she's doing well. She has stayed steady on her own growth line since birth and several doctors said she's just a small person. My mom was only 4'10".
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:04 AM on Jan. 20, 2010