should i still see my doctor?

I posted this question but got 2 answers, just want to see if I can get more opinions. My period was due the end of december. I think it is just starting now. I have some cramps and brown spotting. Hoping it is just my period because i made an appointment with my gyne to make sure I wasn't pregnant.(took 3 HPT's and they all came back neg.) The appointment isn't for another 2 weeks, that is the soonest they could see me. I have never had my period just up and disappear like that. Should I still go see the doctor? Could there be something else going on? Anyone ever have this happen and what was the result?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have this problems alot...right now I havent had my period since November...but I am not pregnant.....missed periods can be alot of things...like stress, change of diet, tiredness, an infection, or sometimes people miss it when they get a little sick....but you should still go to the Dr...especially witht he brown spotting....also they should do a blood test I know a couple of people who had negative tests and they were -- my mom didnt know she was pregnant until after she was 5 months...because her home tests were all negative..
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:28 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Go see your doctor, this has never personally happened to me, but it's so much better to be safe than sorry, good luck!
    ibarrasgirl

Answer by ibarrasgirl at 11:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• yes, go see your doc. even if you get your period they may want to do some blood tests and check to make sure there isn't anyting serious going on.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• original poster here: thanks ladies, i just don't want to be making a bigger deal out of it than need be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• it could be your period, or it could be spotting in the first trimester (which is common), or it could be your body changing (which is does a lot), or it could be due to stress, new medication, etc etc etc. The only way to know is to talk with you doctor.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:55 AM on Jan. 19, 2010