any job ideas for a mom that might want to leave hubby and not have to rely on him

just going through some stuff and I want to go to school for something that pays well and is worth my time away from my girls. Plus, if I do decide to leave I want to know I can survive on my own and strive!
Thanx in advance for any response.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• hi well i'm abpout in the same boat and am working on a medical billing and coding course online at home. otherwise i work pt through my fil online at home. IDK where you can find a job look throyugh temp agency build up your typing but once moved out u qualify for all kind of aid housing food schooling/ training and daycare, so don't let yourself not being "savy" stop youfrom leaving a bad relationship add me if youd like
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 11:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• There are so many possibilities...where do your talents lie? THAT is the question.

Like clothing? Perhaps retail is your thing.

Are you good with technology? Perhaps some information technology training would do.

Nursing, child care, secretarial, sales...there are SOOOOO many possibilities. What were you good at in school? Use that as a launching point. Head to a workforce development center in your area (usually run by your state's unemployment office)...they can give you an aptitude test to see what might work best for you.

What the job pays is important...but no one earns well unless they're in the right job.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• If you are interested in beauty look into being a licensed Estetician (they do facials, body treatments, etc). School only takes about 6 months and will qualify you to work in a dermatolgist office, medical spa or spa/salon! My friend did it and loves it!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Let me know what you find, hubby I think sometimes needs to know what he is missing.

Im a pharmacy tech which is not bad, but I want to be home with the babies. Im looking for something like self employment.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:12 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I would say anything in the health care profession! Maybe even on the Administrative side, BUT that part can be very competitive.....I have a degree in HCA/MR and am certified to do medical billing and coding, can't find a GOOD job to save my life!!! (I'm a mil. spouse so all the moving makes it harder on me too) I've switched paths and am now going to school for psychology not sure what I'm going to do with that.
    BUT if your looking for something fast I would look into trade schools for phlebotomy, or CMA, those jobs will give you many options!
    bgcmommy

Answer by bgcmommy at 11:41 AM on Jan. 19, 2010