i want to better myself please don't put me down for what I'm about to say

I'm 35 and didn't finish high school because i became pregnant with my son and as the years went by i had 3 more children and I'm not complaining about it my husband gives me everything my heart desires but lately i feel like i need to better myself like finish school and get a job but I'm scared that i wont know anything does anyone have advise on how to do it please i would appreciate it thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• call your local high school and find out about adult education, it's free in most states and then after you get better at your practice tests you can go take your ged. it'll cost a little bit. then if you want you can enroll in a college or trade school.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:02 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I would also call your local school board and look into the GED program. Then think about what you would like to do. Would you like to write? Do hair? Go into nursing? The rest is up to you!
    You can do it!!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:03 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I don't know how you can get started but good luck!!
    vowens82

Answer by vowens82 at 12:03 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• first you need to get your GED. You can probably contact your local school board for info about that. And as far as college stuff is concerned, there are plenty of older adults in community colleges. Don't be scared. My friend who is 31 just started back to school. You can go and take general classes and then go from there. Good luck and congrats on wanting more from life.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 12:04 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Ok first off...B R E A T H E...secondly, good for you for wanting to improve yourself.. but don't get overwhelmed at the thought, take baby steps, take one class...I bet if you take a class in something that interests you you'll find yourself having fun and looking forward to going. Just start there, the rest will follow. You don't have to have it all figured out right now, you can decide down the road what your next move will be. Good luck to you hun!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Rock on MAMA! I think there are alot of woman out there who feel the same as you do. Do what you need to do to get it done! Im sure someone can help you find out how to get your GED. If nothing else make sure you do it for yourself! :)
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 12:06 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• One of the two year colleges near me has classes for g e d's as well as basic adult education classes for adults who need to brush up Math and English before taking college courses.

If you're near a two year community college give them a call too or look in their website.

That's great what you want to do, Congratulations!!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:06 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• thank you ladies so much for your answers
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• You are choosing to finish high school and set an example for your family?What is to put down?So you were young and foolish and now you are not.No one is perfect.The question is do you want to go to school or just get your GED?Contact the school district,ours offer high school classes for adults that lead to a diploma or GED classes.Think about what interests you and after you finish high school enroll in your local community college.They can offer certification classes to a RN to a AA in early childhood.GO FOR IT ALL you deserve it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• You CAN do it! My mom did! My mom was sick as a kid and did not finish HS. She got married and had five kids, and supported all of us by herself when she was later divorced. Then she met my dad..stepdad..and got re married. she wanted a career, she had been a waitress for years, but broke her ankle and could no longer wait tables. So she went to college. She studied for her GED and passed it the first time, then enrolled in college. She is amazing, she worked full time and went to school full time and graduated in four and a half years...and she had five kids. She graduated with a 3.5 gpa.
    If you want it...YOU CAN DO IT!
    Good luck!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:17 AM on Jan. 19, 2010