CRYiNG

So my son has developed the i'm gunna cry until someone picks me up, and i can deal with him crying. But then my oldest sister comes a long and ofcourse she has no kids so she jumps right on it. Even after i tell her not to. I really don't want him to get used to people holding him, but i have a kig family, and with a new baby. EVERYONE wants to hold them when they're here aand leave so that i have to deal with the crying. I again live with my parents, so when they are around crying a lot isn't something that i can just let happen. But from 9am to maybe 5 pm. He's all mine except for the big sister. She normally leave at 3. I Think he's already getting to comfortable with being in peoples arms. But he needs to kick that habit cause i will hopefully be moving out soon. So do i just wait til i move out for him to kick it, or just start now?

AdRiANS_MOMMi09

Asked by AdRiANS_MOMMi09 at 12:10 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I lived with my parents and younger siblings when my baby was this young too...it can be hard because i think the same thing as you, and want to let her cry a little. Once we moved out we started to put her in her crib just before nap/bed time so she could get used to going to bed on her own, rather than having someone rock her or hold her till she fell asleep in their arms. She does a lot better now, she's 9 months old, and has been sleeping through the night since we started her 'training' her for bed time...

I think it's a good idea to not have your baby being held all the time, yes they need the attention, but giving them a little "me" time is not going to hurt them.....I hope your situation gets better. Best of luck :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I would defiantely begin to enforice the rules now! You dont want to prolong the bad bahavior!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 12:13 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• How old is baby - kids really don't stop wanting to be held sometime during the day till early elementary school - a hold is comfort to get out a burp or to calm something scary in sight or in hearing or in baby's mind that we can't see as moms.

Move cause it's right for you financially not cuz you have to teach little one a lesson. A move will likely offset your son no matter his age. Kids in highschool cry when they have to move so of course a little one will cry too.

Just make sure baby is not pooed or trying to poo and needs to be held to push out gas, he could have colic in his tummy and intestines - my daughter had it from all sorts of food I drank when nursing her. Some babies get colic and just scream without any other signs nightly.

Maybe ask your sister to 'watch' your baby for you with specific resonsibilities instead of her just taking baby. How old is she? Maybe she thinks more that your baby's a toy?
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:17 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Your baby is NORMAL. Being held is what they're programmed for...it's the only way they know they're not going to be eaten by a saber tooth tiger. There are NO bad habits here except that you're trying to change things to suit your family. Sorery, doesn't work that way.

Get yourself a sling to hold baby. Trust me on this...it's like MAGIC.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:20 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• My son is 2 months,
    And no i'm not moving to teach him a lesson.
    I'm moving because raising him in a living room isn;t something that i want to do.
    The move in necessary.
    I know to check for all signs poop, pee, and all that.
    But he just cried because he wants to.

My sister is 27, the oldest out of 4 girls,
    And is the only one with no kids.
    AdRiANS_MOMMi09

Answer by AdRiANS_MOMMi09 at 12:23 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• What's a sling?
    The baby puch thing?
    Cause i have 2 of those.
    If that's what it is.
    wear it around the house?
    AdRiANS_MOMMi09

Answer by AdRiANS_MOMMi09 at 12:24 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Yes, that is what they mean by a sling. And your son is only 2 months old, from your original post I was thinking between 7 and 9 months for some reason. 2 month olds need held. He needs to feel safe. If he is crying a lot I really would also suggest the sling. I had to use one with my middle child and it worked wonders. I was able to go about the house, get done what I needed too, tend to his older brother, slings are wonderful, put it to use since you have a couple.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• you cant spoil a baby when the baby turns around 6 months you can start to inforce the no holding thing but at 2 months he's still new and needs your loving touch and other people dont always have that touch he's crying for to you seems to be no reason but the reason is he wants to be held and loved on i have a 4 month old an live with my parents too ( although we dont live in a living room ) the extra help is nice but they do things that piss me off alot you just gotta tell em and hopefully they listen and if your sister is 27 and living at home she should hook up with my brother he's 31 and living at home ... sad ...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• at 2 months old he needs to be held!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• You are supposed to hold a crying baby. You can not spoil an infant. Get a sling or other carrier. Make your baby feel loved and secure.
    You would probably benefit from a parenting class or book.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:41 AM on Jan. 19, 2010