car seat for really tall toddler

I need rocomendations for a carseat with really high harness slots.
My 20mo old is already 34lbs 12oz and 36 1/2in tall with a really long torso.
He is currentlly is in a graco nautilus and only has 1 harness slot left to use. He is still growing about 1in a month and shows no signs of slowing.

Please help cause I don’t know what to do to keep him safe in the car.

PoetryRavn

Asked by PoetryRavn at 12:14 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The tallest shell on the market is the Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 12:15 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Actually, probably any of the Radian's by sunshine kids would do. Since they just came out with the new ones the older models are on sale like crazy!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 12:21 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Another one that may work is the Froniter by Britax. Not sure how tall the shell is though. Maybe the car seat group could help you out more.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 12:23 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• wow that is a crazy tall kid! my 5 year old is in the GN and still has 2 slots left- and she is TALL! People are always commenting on how tall she is for her age....Try the sunshine kids seats for sure, Britax frontier isnt that much taller than britax, but it wouldnt hurt to go to babiesrus and try out different seats...
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:00 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I think the Britax Regent might have the highest harness height on the market - it's somewhere around 20-21 inches tall
    Where I think the Radian and the Nautilus have a 18.5 inch harness

To measure your son's torso, sit him next to a wall and mark a line at the top of his shoulders... then you will know the length from his bottom to his shoulder.
    And keep in mind that all growth won't be all torso... so even if he grows another 2 inches some of the height will be in in his legs. Also on your Nautilus, make sure you aren't missing any harness slots... move the headrest up and make sure there aren't any hiding.

You can find the Regent on sale on many sites right now.....
    http://www.albeebaby.com/britax-regent-youth-car-seat-sahara.html
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:16 AM on Jan. 19, 2010