Did your kids cry when they got their hair cut for the first time?

My son is 17 months and just got his hair cut today for the first time...it was SO cute, and he was SO scared, I just melted watching him...he didn't panic and scream, but these huge tears welled up in his eyes...I know that it's normal and I know it may be mean but I thought it was just so cute and sweet. What were your kids like when they had their first haircut?

sweetphoenix529

Asked by sweetphoenix529 at 12:19 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My son is 19 months and has been getting his hair cut since he was 5 months old. He was born with TONS of hair. At first, we'd clip the hairs with scissors in his sleep then as he got older we'd use sheers. He is terrified of them. The minute his dad turns the sheers on, all hell breaks loose. He'll really cry. It's a chore to cut his hair.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:21 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• My son laughed because the buzzer thingy tickled him!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 12:25 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I had my son's hair cut a few days before his first birthday and he completely freaked out. I ended up having to hold him, the poor lady cutting his hair cut her finger which made me feel horrible, she tried to hide it, but she had to leave and get a bandaid. She did a good job amazingly, someone else who worked there took pictures, and he is screaming and throwing himself backward off my lap. I still think they're cute to look at though. Since then I've taken him to a place that only does kids cuts and has cars for them to sit in and T.Vs for them to watch, he has always done well there.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:31 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Justluvin, how cute! My son cried and cried and cried with the sheers and after while being bathed. HATED IT! I'm not getting his hair cut for a long long long time. I want it to grow out like a 70's style LOL!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:33 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• My daughter was fine with it.. although it probably helped that I (mommy) was her hairdresser. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:44 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• my son is 16 months and has never had his hair cut. i like it all shaggy lol
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 1:04 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Mine jumped and yelped ouch every snip that was taken and swore it hurt or the first 5 years of haircuts! I use to tease him about being the only person I know with nerve endings in his hair, that usually made him laugh.
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 5:48 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• yes! Its one of my fav. pictures.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:58 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Both of my boys got their hair cut on their first birthday (they had plenty of it) They both just sat in the chair and were very well behaved. No tears or squirming. They were both fasinated by the hair that was falling on them.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:36 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• The boys all cried bloody murder when getting their first haircuts and cried every time for the next 8 or 9 times. We give our hairstylist a months notice before we come in. The kids usually start crying the minute we pull into the parking lot (except the nine year old and our daughter). This last time though only one of the twins cried and that we halfway into the haircut so hopefully we are almost done with the fits!
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 9:50 AM on Jan. 19, 2010